Harrison Ford is Han Solo. He will forever be loved for the Star Wars character that has appeared in every one of the franchise's films, and appears in the latest--Star Wars: The Force Awakens. During a recent interview with Digital Spy, however, the actor--who survived a plane crash earlier in 2015--seemed rather noncommittal over the future of his character.
It was at the London premiere of The Force Awakens that Harrison Ford was asked if fans can expect to see more of Han Solo in future films.
"You can expect anything you want," he replied. "We'll see."
Harrison Ford was over the moon excited about reuniting with his fellow cast mate Peter Mayhew, who plays the role of Chewbacca.
“I was delighted. We had a great time working together and it was great to see him again," Ford said.
Whether Harrison Ford signs on or not, Lucasfilm and Disney are reportedly already developing a Star Wars prequel that will center on the early years of Han Solo.
— Kevin Polowy (@djkevlar) December 10, 2015
“He’ll definitely be probably in the high teens, low 20s,” Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy said. “We’re not introducing you to a 10-year-old Han Solo.”
Harrison Ford was just 35 when he first played Han Solo. He is now 73.
— TheWrap (@TheWrap) December 18, 2015
How might a prequel be filmed? Would someone else play the younger Han Solo? Could Harrison Ford even be a part of this prequel if he wanted to?