Half of Mobile Users Don’t Know When Their Contracts Are Up
There are some interesting survey results out from Best Buy today, regarding mobile phone users and their contracts. The findings reveal that about half of users don’t know when they’re contracts expire.
While the survey is used by the company to promote is new Upgrade Checker campaign, shed some light on the issue nonetheless.
"When it comes to mobile solutions available today, many consumers are not armed with the right information to truly get the most out of their mobile phone," said Shawn Score, president of Best Buy Mobile. "We know that there are customers out there using mobile phones that are four and five years old when they could be using a smart phone."
– 45 percent look for multimedia capabilities including music, video and camera
– 32 percent look for GPS navigation
– 29 percent want to replace landline phone
– 26 percent want to be able to access social networking sites
– 26 percent want to be Wi-Fi enabled
– 15 percent want to make eCommerce purchases from their mobile devices
– 15 percent want to be able to download a movie
– 14 percent want to be able to play games from their smartphone
Do you know when your contract is up? Comment here.