Google Health: Now’s The Time To Get Your Data

Google Health Shuts Down January 1

Get the WebProNews Newsletter:

Google Health: Now’s The Time To Get Your Data
[ Business]

Google just announced that it’s shutting down a handful of its offerings. Back in June, Google announced that it would be shutting down Google Health the first of the new year.

Now, Google is sending a friendly reminder out to users. Here’s the email:

This is an important Google Health service announcement. You are receiving this email because you have an active Google Health account.

As we announced earlier this year, the Google Health service will be discontinued as of January 1, 2012. After that date, you will no longer be able to access Google Health, and 3rd-party services that you have linked to your Google Health profile(s) will no longer be able to send data to or receive data from those profile(s).

If you want to keep using the data you have stored in Google Health, we strongly recommend that you take action before the end of the year to download it or transfer it to another online health service. We’ve made this easy for you. All you have to do is:

– go to the Google Health site at https://health.google.com
– log in with your Google account
– click on the link in the yellow bar at the top of your screen to start the process of downloading your information and closing your Google Health account.
For more information, see our help center article at http://www.google.com/support/health/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1347989

If you have not retrieved your Google Health data before January 1, 2012, it will remain available for download from https://health.google.com for an additional year, through January 1, 2013. Please note that during this period, functionality will be limited to downloading your data in ZIP format only and deleting your Google Health account; you will no longer be able to view, enter, edit, or print data. We may also find it necessary to limit or discontinue the ability to automatically transfer a copy of your profile to another health service, based on technical considerations.

For more details on the discontinuation of Google Health, see our blog post at http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/update-on-google-health-and-google.html, and see answers to frequently-asked questions at http://www.google.com/intl/en/health/faq.html.

Note: you will continue to receive periodic service announcements as long as you have an active Google Health account. If you do not wish to receive further announcements, simply go to https://health.google.com and follow the process to download your data (if desired) and delete your Health account.

Thank you for your support and use of Google Health.

The Google Health Team

Were you a Google Health user? What is your plan going forward?

Google Health: Now’s The Time To Get Your Data
Top Rated White Papers and Resources
  • http://www.PlacesToEatOkay.com Steven

    Just another one of those ideas that Google tried to experiment with and it never went anywhere because Google spends 70% of it’s companies resources towards search which leaves 30% of the company’s resources to be fought over by every other product they are developing or is currently in use. I know BMW makes a great car because that’s all they do is make great cars and put all of their resources into making a great car. If they started making microwaves and tv’s it would be a disaster for their company in that their cars would start to show that they’re not focused on what they do best. As such, Google needs to stop diversifying itself so much so it can make search better instead of letting it go in directions that are ridiculous and seem to be geared for maximum profits rather than maximum quality.

  • http://www.ariyasport.com ariyasport

    ุฌูŠุช ูƒุงู†ุฏูˆ- ุจุงุฏุจุฒู†- ู†ุงู†ฺ†ูŠูƒูˆ- ุดู…ุดูŠุฑู‡ุงูŠ ูˆูˆุดูˆ . ูƒูˆู†ฺฏ ููˆ . ู†ูŠู†ุฌุง- ุณู„ุงุญ ู‡ุงูŠ ูพุฑุชุงุจูŠ- ฺฏู„ุงุจูŠ ุงูŠุณุชุงุฏู‡ . ุฒู…ูŠู† ุจู‡ ู‡ูˆุง ูˆ ุฏูŠูˆุงุฑูŠ- ูƒูŠุณู‡ ุจูˆูƒุณ ู‡ุง ูˆ ุขุฏู…ูƒ ู‡ุงูŠ ุงุฑุชุฌุงุนูŠ- ฺ†ูˆุจ ู‡ุงูŠ ุฑุฒู…ูŠ ูˆ ……- ุดูˆุฑุช ู…ูˆุชุงูŠ- ุดูˆุฑุช ูƒูŠูƒ ุจูˆูƒุณ- ู…ูˆุชุงูŠ- ู†ุงู†ฺ†ูˆุงู†- ุฒู†ุฌูŠุฑ- ูƒุงุฑุงุชู‡- ูƒูˆู†ฺฏ ููˆ- ุชูƒูˆุงู†ุฏูˆ- ุจูˆูƒุณ- ุฌูˆุฏูˆ- ุชุงู„ูˆ- ู†ูŠู†ุฌุง- ูƒูŠูƒ ุจูˆูƒุณ- ุณุงู†ุฏุง- ุจุงู†ุฏุงฺ˜ุดูˆุฑุช ุณุงู†ุฏุง

  • http://webfloorplans.com Floor Plans

    This is good to know. I saw that email and deleted it without reading any of it. I do have some data on Google health and now will be able to save it thanks to you.

  • Join for Access to Our Exclusive Web Tools
  • Sidebar Top
  • Sidebar Middle
  • Sign Up For The Free Newsletter
  • Sidebar Bottom