Google+ has been going through a lot of changes this year as Google has sought to detach it from all the other services it has been integrated with over the years.
Still reluctant to just put it out to pasture, Google recently announced a major overhaul of Google+ focusing specifically on Collections and Communities.
Today we're rolling out several updates to our G+ preview on the Web including:
* Visible links to categories on Community pages
* Auto-play of animated GIFs (with a setting to turn on/off)
* Ability to pin posts within Collections
* Clearer indication of notifications on the home stream
* Warning to ensure you don't lose new posts when changing pages
Some of these changes were unanimously requested (people want community categories visible!). Others required us to strike an appropriate balance between opposing feedback (some people love animated GIFs, others don't!).
Wroblewski says Google wants feedback on all of these features, so take advantage of the "Send Feedback" menu item if you want the company to continue to make Google+ better.
Image via Google