Facebook for BlackBerry 10 Gets a Photo-Oriented UpdateBy: Josh Wolford - June 10, 2013
Facebook for Blackberry 10 has just received a significant update that not only brings a new design to the News Feed, but also ads a bunch of photo improvements to enhance the user experience.
“The Facebook app for BlackBerry 10 has seen a number of updates since we’ve launched and it keeps getting better with every new iteration. The Facebook app v10.2 for BlackBerry 10 is no exception. It brings a refreshed new design and many features that are designed to make your mobile Facebook experience on BlackBerry 10 amazing,” says BlackBerry’s Donny Halliwell.
Here’s what’s new in version 10.2:
- Create an album: You can now create a new albums from your photos page, so organizing all those great shots you capture on your BlackBerry 10 device is easy.
- Upload to a specific album: now you can add a new photo to an existing album on your Facebook page, or to that new album you just created.
- Enable tagging in existing photos: Want to tag a photo that already exists on Facebook from you BlackBerry 10 device? Now you can with this feature that’s new to the app.
- New ways to toggle and easily view photos: Easily toggle between all your photos and Albums. All photos comprises of all the photos with you in them. Album photos are photos you have uploaded yourself.
- Newsfeed design refresh: The newsfeed has been refined with a few visual tweaks that make navigating the Facebook app for BlackBerry 10 that much more enjoyable.
Considering that the app currently sits with a 2-star rating in the BlackBerry World Store, it’s prime for an upgrade. The last big update came back in late March.
You can grab the new Facebook for BlackBerry 10, v. 10.2 in the BlackBerry World store today.