eBay announced increased adoption of omnichannel commerce technologies globally for eBay Enterprise. It has secured 451 clients and 862 extension and renewals in the first half of the year. These stretch across its various services. Alex and Ani, BOXPARK, Destination XL, Karmaloop, MailPix and StubHub are listed as brands using eBay Enterprise.
“We are leading local commerce with close to 4,000 stores enabled with store-based fulfillment globally,” said Tobias Hartmann, interim president of eBay Enterprise. “We continue to help merchants compete in a global marketplace having recently launched our ship-from-store solution for a leading retailer in North America, Europe, and China, which is an industry first.”
The company lists the following achievements for the year to date:
- In January, eBay Enterprise announced the ability to implement ship-from-store technologies for retailers in 99 days and offer clients who have implemented this solution with additional freight discounts of up to 50% off published rates.
- In March, eBay Enterprise announced its expanded operations in Canada with a new fulfillment center.
- In April, Advertising Age ranked eBay Enterprise within the top 15 in its “50 Largest U.S. Digital-Agency Networks” report for the fifth year in a row.
- eBay Enterprise was recently recognized as the #1 commerce provider to the mid-market according to the 2014 Internet Retailer Top 500. For the fourth consecutive year, Magento remains the most popular platform, with a 34 percent increase in online retail sites since last year, according to a recent study by Tom Robertshaw.
- In May, eBay Enterprise announced the availability of two new extensions for Magento merchants now available in the Magento Connect Marketplace: the eBay Enterprise Display Extension, enabling retailers to deliver personalized product-specific ads to retarget lost customers; and the eBay Enterprise Affiliate Extension, offering best-in-class reporting tools to analyze, track and launch affiliate programs and easy integration with eBay Enterprise’s network of more than 200,000 affiliates.
- Magento Enterprise 1.14 and Community Edition 1.9 were launched in May, drastically reducing the barrier for merchants to get a tablet and smart phone friendly responsive site. The new editions also integrate Bill Me Later and PayPal Express Checkout empowering merchants to further streamline checkout. Initial customers on the Magento Enterprise Edition 1.14 include Shop3M and Hallhuber.
“Our strategy of enabling commerce innovation for fast-growing companies through our eBay Enterprise and Magento solutions is clearly proving successful with initial synergies between Magento customers and our marketing solutions,” said Hartmann.
The company will be showcasing its technologies at the Internet Retailer Conference next week, with CEO John Donahoe delivering a keynote session.
Image via eBay