As you might recall, Dell has been on the warpath acquiring new technology for its enterprise customers and hugely increasing the number of patents they hold. Their latest addition of Make Technologies furthers this effort and adds to their growing modernization software offerings and capabilities.
Here's what Make stands to offer to their already diverse IT solutions:
* Provides customers with end-to-end application portfolio transformation solutions that modernize entire portfolios of legacy applications in less time and with higher precision
* Provides automated application and code migration tools to re-architect legacy application software and data to a more modern architecture
* Reduces cost of maintaining and managing legacy applications
* Drastically reduces the amount of custom code in legacy portfolios, while protecting the legacy information and business processes of the business functions it supports
* Increases business agility through a re-engineered application that better aligns with our customers’ current and future business processes
Steve Schuckenbrock, president of Dell Services comments on the recent acquisitions from the company:
“The addition of Make Technologies and Clerity Solutions to Dell Services positions us to lead in the fast-growing applications modernization space,”
“We have the capabilities to help customers with all their modernization needs—from re-hosting and re-platforming to code re-engineering. These offerings will enable Dell to support the thousands of commercial and public sector customers looking to migrate business-critical applications to open, standards-based architectures, including the cloud.”
Dave Johnson, senior vice president at Dell Corporate Strategy also comments on the additions:
“We continue to build and acquire the intellectual property necessary to execute on our strategy, and enable our customers to more simply and quickly deploy solutions that meet their needs,”
“By implementing the technologies acquired in Clerity Solutions and Make Technologies, Dell can help customers consolidate their legacy application on industry standard infrastructure. This will simplify their operational environments, lower their infrastructure costs, and enable them to leverage the cloud.”
And finally, Bill Bergen, president and CEO of Make Technologies, Inc. comments on their acquisition by Dell:
"The combination of Make Technologies and Dell provides the market with a single vendor solution for any modernization activity and is an exciting step in expanding growth opportunities for our core application modernization software and services,"
"Together, with Dell's global reach, scale and reputation for customer support, Make's methodology and tools will become even more accessible to more customers struggling with the dilemma that surrounds legacy environments."