Conflicting reports today are indicating that a suspect may have been arrested in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings earlier this week.
According to a report from the Boston Globe, a suspect in the attacks has been identified using a photo of someone with a black bag in front of a restaurant on Boylston Street, where the site of the second bombing occurred. The Globe's source also stated that the police had surveillance footage of the location from Lord & Taylor, a store located directly across the street from the bombing.
News outlets began reporting on Wednesday afternoon that a suspect in the bombings had been arrested this afternoon, but have since recanted the stories. The Boston Police Department has denied that any arrests have been made in the case:
Despite reports to the contrary there has not been an arrest in the Marathon attack.
The FBI has scheduled a press conference at 5 pm EDT, where police will update the public on the investigation. Sean Kelly, a reporter for Boston's WCVB news station, reported that federal police, who said a suspect would be arriving a a federal court house in Boston "soon," were the source of the rumors:
Boston Police says no arrest but high security at courthouse and Fed police say suspect arrival soon according to reporters there.