Able Remote Lets You Control Google TV With Your Voice
A new Android app called Able Remote lets you operate Google TV using voice commands.
“Able Remote turns your Android smartphone or tablet into a remote control for your Google TV,” says Leon Nicholls, the app’s creator, “Just as you can customize your phone with apps, Able Remote lets you create your own remote button layout and in your favorite color too. Now you can use easy voice commands or intuitive swiping gestures to control your TV. You can also create one-touch buttons to quickly launch Google TV apps, bring up favorite web sites or switch to your TV channels.”
Clearly, the app has Google’s endorsement, as the above statement comes from a guest post on the official Google TV blog.
“It’s so convenient to take photos with your smartphone, but what if you want to show your friends and family when they come to visit? Just beam it to your TV so everybody can see,” says Nicholls. “Took a video with your phone that you want to look at on a bigger screen? Just beam that to your TV too.”
It will also send caller ID and text messages as notifications to your TV screen while you’re watching something else.
Here’s the full feature list from Android Market:
– TV Touch navigation
– Touch play controls
– View photos and videos from your device on Google TV
– Share web pages with the TV
– Customize buttons (paid feature)
– Launch your favorite apps
– Jump to your favorite TV channels
– View SMS, Caller ID and app notifications on your TV
– Voice commands
– Single button power on/off all devices
– Control your TV, set-top box, audio receiver and Blu-ray player
– Create macros that combine device, app and channel actions
– Change the user interface color
– Web bookmarks
– Spotlight web apps