Wearable Technology Is Drawing A Great Deal Of Interest (If Search Trends Are Any Indication)By: Chris Crum - September 11, 2013
Yahoo shared some search data with us today indicating that people are quite interested in smart watches and other wearable technology. A long-rumored Apple watch was absent from the company’s big event on Tuesday, but such a product could end up being a hit if it ever comes out.
Samsung recently unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Gear, and according to Yahoo, searches for [Samsung smart watch] have spiked 787% this month. It’s the top searched product with at least ten times more searches than both [sony smart watch] and [apple smart watch].
“Men are most interested in the new watch as 77% of the searches come from them,” a Yahoo spokesperson tells WebProNews. “Other top searches for smart watches include [casio smart watch bluetooth], [samsung smart watch price], [samsung galaxy smart watch features], [pebble smart watch], [omate trusmart watch].”
More findings from Yahoo:
- [fitbit] is the top searched wearable tech item on Yahoo over the past 30 days
- Ranked in order, top searched wearable tech items on Yahoo this month are: [fitbit], [google glass] (merged with google glasses), [smart watch], [samsung smart watch], [jawbone up], [sony smart watch], [apple smart watch]
- Searches for [google glass] are nearly 3x higher than [samsung smart watch] this month on Yahoo
- [fitbit] is searched by women 61% of the time and [jawbone up] is searched for by women 70% of the time – clearly, ladies are more interested in the fitness bands
- [google glass] is searched for men 74% of the time
- [samsung smart watch] is searched for 76% by men and [sony smart watch] is searched for 92% of the time by men – guys are more interested in smart watches than women
- Over the past week on Yahoo, [samsung smart watch] has spiked 791% and has been searched for nearly 2x more than [google glasses]
Image: Samsung (Youtube)