Quantcast

All Posts Tagged Tag: ‘affordable healthcare act’

Justice Sotomayor Blocks Birth Control For Nuns?

In a move that will surely make some people scratch their head, Justice Sotomayor has issued a reprieve a day before the Affordable Healthcare Act would be the law of the land. The government is temporarily prevented from enforcing contraceptive coverage requirements against (wait for it…wait for it…) a group of Denver-based nuns. The Little Sisters of the Poor Home …

Read More

HealthCare.gov Aims to Sign Up 4 of 5 Americans

The Washington Post reported today that the Affordable Care Act’s primary website, HealthCare.gov, will be capable of getting 80 percent of Americans on an insurance plan, but that still leaves 20 percent who will remain without insurance. According to the best-case scenario from the Obama administration, those 20 percent will be unable to purchase insurance online because of either their …

Read More

Mitch McConnell & Ted Cruz: How Do We Defund Obamacare?

The Washington Examiner reported on Monday that Kentucky Senator and Republican Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said that he would not support Senators Ted Cruz and Mike Lee in their efforts to filibuster a resolution that would defund Obamacare. Consequently, because House Republicans sponsored the resolution that Cruz and Lee want to filibuster, a distinct possibility exists that the government will …

Read More

Health Care Decision: Turn Your Head & Cough Because Here’s What’s Next

There’s been a firestorm of reactions this morning following the Supreme Court’s decision that Obama’s health care mandate requiring individuals to buy health care insurance or be penalized is, in fact, constitutional. Many people are upset, many people are excited. Some say it’s a victory for Obama, some are (confusingly) saying that this is a victory for Romney. Among all …

Read More