Sprint iPhone 4S Release Date: October 14

Pre-orders start October 7

Sprint iPhone 4S Release Date: October 14
[ Technology]

Apple announced the iPhone 4S today. It’s not the iPhone 5, and it looks a lot like the iPhone 4, but at least it comes in white right off the bat. It also has some other nice features that the iPhone 4 doesn’t – namely Siri and a beefed up camera. And of course it will launch with Apple’s new operating system iOS 5.

The most significant part of today’s iPhone news, however, is that the device is coming to Sprint (in addition to AT&T and Verizon). This should be huge for both Sprint and Apple.

Apple will sell a lot of iPhone 4S devices. There’s little doubt about that, but how many iPhone 4 users will upgrade, rather than waiting for the iPhone 5 or whatever the next version is. Are the new features enough? The iPhone 4 still gets iOS 5. These users aren’t going to missing out on iCloud or anything.

The iPhone 4S is so similar in appearance, you have to wonder how many will make the leap. Again, there will no doubt be quite a few, but how many more would have if Apple launched an iPhone 5 with a whole new look, and packed with revolutionary new features not available on the iPhone 4?

The Sprint news, however, will likely mean a whole lot of new iPhone users, simply because Sprint has never been able to offer an iPhone to its customers. That doesn’t mean those customers didn’t wish that Sprint offered one. In fact, the lack of an iPhone has probably cost Sprint quite a few customers.

Likewise, there will just be that may more people buying iPhones over Android devices and others.

Here’s some Twitter reaction to the Sprint iPhone news:

Soo… Sprint has a new Epic phone that iwant for my birthday.. Soo yeah! 5 minutes ago via UberSocial for BlackBerry · powered by @socialditto

I need a new sprint phone!! 1 minute ago via web · powered by @socialditto

So excited to finally get the iphone from @sprint! Its been a long time comin’! 1 minute ago via UberSocial for BlackBerry · powered by @socialditto

OK @sprint. Just tell me what I need to dump my BlackBerry. I’ll pay whatever. #reallife #bigboyphone 2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad · powered by @socialditto

Who’s switching to Sprint? 3 minutes ago via web · powered by @socialditto

im bouta get a sprint contract 5 minutes ago via Twitter for Android · powered by @socialditto

Cant wait to get this i-phone on sprint 6 minutes ago via Twitter for Android · powered by @socialditto

Did Apple’s stock drop because they put the same phone out twice, or because they added Sprint as a carrier? 8 minutes ago via web · powered by @socialditto

The iPhone 4S will be available in the US for a suggested retail price of $199 (US) for the 16GB model and $299 (US) for the 32GB model and $399 (US) for the new 64GB model.*** iPhone 4S will be available from the Apple Online Store, Apple’s retail stores and through AT&T, Sprint, Verizon Wireless and select Apple Authorized Resellers. iPhone 4S will be available in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Japan and the UK on Friday, October 14 and customers can pre-order their iPhone 4S beginning Friday, October 7.

IT will roll out worldwide to 22 more countries by the end of October including Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

Sprint iPhone 4S Release Date: October 14

• cb

wow apple forgot about att we have been hear from the get go good for sprint

• wheeliecoyote

AT&T who? Oh yea, the carrier that drops the most calls…

• jabroni

The first twitter post is about the new version of the Epic 4G, not about the iPhone… it says it right there.

• http://sprintiphonereleasedate julian white

Thank god Sprint finally got a piece of the action!
    I think they’ll do alot more business.cause I know
    I can’t wait.

• 50choc

Staying with Sprint for so many years finally paid off!

• Kim nichols

Hallua thx u sweet jesus I waited so long for this. Luv my Evo but it’s over now.

• Enrique

It’s about time thank you baby jesus ….

• Ju-Raw

Sprint getting the iPhone.. Great!!!!! Now i can surf the internet all day while my AT&T and Verizon buddies get it the hard way with no dinner and no flowers!

• lakesha jackson

I am super exciting nut I can’t help but wonder how that’s going to affect the unlimited talk text and data? Can’t wait to hear how or if the price changes so I may be sticking to my EVO… But still happy!

• Cin

Finally I get to see what all the apple hype is about

• Elisel

wow i hope is worth my waiting to up grade lets see what the hype is all about i like my galaxy s but ready for the i phone

• http://rjnselection.wordpress.com/ Rich

looks great, looking forward to getting one

• TENNISGAL

Hi OMG finally Sprint is moving into the next tech era.
    I am a BLACKBERRY FREAK who has been waiting for my contract to be up with SPRINT now I can get a Iphone……

• Bareback Billie

I left Sprint just yo get an iPhone, now I’m going back just for the unlimited data plan!

• kelly

So So So EXCITED that my FAVORITE carrier is now Iphone friendly!! Just in time for my UPGRADE!! Also excited to see the difference between the vry 1st Iphone to this new Iphone 4S! GREAT JOB SPRINT!! KEEP IT COMING!!

• Sidebar Top