Motorola’s New Mega-Tough DEFY XT 535 SmartphoneBy: Shawn Hess - May 25, 2012
Hong Kong is being treated to Motorola’s latest innovation in Smartphones with the introduction of the newly designed XT 535 DEFY smartphone. Possibly the greatest thing about it is the Gorilla Glass brand impact and scratch resistant, touch-screen from Corning. The water proof shell combined with the new screen lets users stop worrying about whether it’s safe to take their phone along for the ride.
Don’t get me wrong, it seems like it has a lot of other bells and whistles too, but come on? I’ve been waiting for someone to deliver a phone that’s water tight and impact resistant. Let me give you the full list of features as Motorola has provided.
• Water resistance and repellent and Dust resistant, compliant with IP67 standard
• 3.7” inch FWVGA display, capacitive touch and scratch resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass*
• 1GHz processor
• 1650 mAh battery for up to 9 hours or Talk Time and 290 hours of Standby Time
• 5MP Auto Focus camera with flash
• Front VGA camera
• Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
• MotoSwitch 2.0 user interface
• UMTS 850/2100, GSM 850/900/1800/1900
• HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps
• 1GB ROM / 512MB RAM
• MicroSD card support
• WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi direct, DLNA
• 3.5 mm stereo jack
• Video recording: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, 30fps@FWVGA
• Video playback: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, 30fps@FWVGA
Ritchie Ma, general manager of Motorola Mobility Taiwan Limited for Hong Kong and Taiwan comments on the new XT 535:
“Motorola DEFY XT 535 takes life-proof to the next level with a sharper camera, bigger screen and faster processing power,”
“Now you can stay connected all day long, through every adventure, and share your fun with everyone who matters most to you.”
The phones will be available for the Hong Kong market starting May 24th, and will cost $2,198 in HK currency. To learn more, follow this link to Motorola’s official DEFY XT 535 website.