Kickstarter for iOS Gets First Update Since Launch
Kickstarter has just updated their iOS app for the first time since launching it two weeks ago, and according to the crowdfunding company v1.1 is “better, faster, and stronger.”
First off, users now have a new “messages view” which sorts messages in the app by inbox and sent.
Next, creator now have “better” push notifications. The Kickstarter app provides basic project analytics for creators, and they are notified on activity concerning each and every pledge they receive.
Also, video loading performance has received an update. Kickstart says that some people were having trouble with full-screen video (especially international users), and that problem has been fixed.
Here’s the full list of what’s new in v1.1:
- New Messages View: Messages in the app are now sorted by inbox and sent
- Better Notifications: Creators get better push notifications
- App Banner Fix: App now opens to just the right spot when you click Open from the website banner.
- Facebook + Signup Fixes: Some Facebook logins were failing and some new user signups saying “Name is required” even though you entered a name. It’s all fixed, it wasn’t you, it was us.
- Faster Video + Fixes: Some people were having problems with full screen video, you are now in the clear! International users should see much better performance loading a video.
“The app is a whole new way to experience Kickstarter. We took things we’ve learned from the past three years of building the site, and applied them to a total redesign for the iPhone. We redesigned the project page, browse pages, and others. And we focused on making three things really useful and fun: finding new projects, keeping up to date with projects you’ve backed, and offering great tools for creators,” said Kickstarter when they first launched the app a couple of weeks ago.