IMDb iOS App Adds Amazon Prime Instant Video Links
The Internet Movie Database (IMDb) has updated its iOS app to provide seamless functionality with Amazon’s Prime Instant Video app.
With the new version, any TV show or movie that’s available to stream using Prime Instant Video will feature a link on its IMDb page. This feature has been available on IMDb.com for some time now.
All you have to do is click the “Watch Now on Amazon Prime Instant Video” button and you’ll be taken to that title on the Prime Instant Video app. This update applies to both the iPhone and the iPad.
As you may remember, Amazon bought IMDb back in 1998.
That’s not the only thing to ship with today’s update. the IMDb app now sports a new Oscars section as well.
Here’s the full list of what’s new today:
- Titles available on Amazon Prime feature a link to watch if the Amazon Instant Video app is also installed (iPhone/iPad)
- Special Oscars® section: list of nominees and photos from the red carpet and ceremony and live winners on iPhone and iPad during the ceremony
- Recommendations: tap on the “i” in the corner of the poster to see why it’s recommended for you, rate the title if you’ve seen it, or indicate “not interested” (iPad)
- Improved accessibility for TV episode navigation (iPad)
- Updates to side navigation (iPad)
- Bug fixes include episode picker in VoiceOver (iPad)