Google: Hits Are How Idiots Track SuccessBy: Chris Crum - March 20, 2012
Google posted an hour long video of a Google+ hangout about Google Analytics and how to get more out of it as one of a series fo “Help Desk Hangouts”.
Here’s the official description for the video:
You’re looking to grow your business, and we offer a ton of tools to help you do just that. But sometimes, you need a little help learning all the options and getting started. On the Google+ Your Business page, we’re hosting a new series of Help Desk Hangouts On Air to put you in touch with teams who can help you get the most out of our products and features.
By the way, Google just announced some new social reports for Google Analytics that certainly go way beyond “hits”.
On Google+, Cutroni listed some help links discussed in the video:
– Tagging your pages with the Google Analytics code (http://goo.gl/qO25U). Remember to tag every page!
– Link your AdWords account to Google Analytics (http://goo.gl/XqenG)
– How to track marketing campaigns (http://goo.gl/Fd401), like email, display ads, etc.
– Tracking business outcomes (leads, transactions, etc.) with Google Analytics (we call them Goals – http://goo.gl/9ACPy)
– How to delete your Google Analytics account (http://goo.gl/19SGY)
– Some information about the EU cookie directive and how you can comply (http://goo.gl/L4upO)