Google Celebrates A Year Of Chromecast, Gives Users Free Google Play Music All AccessBy: Chris Crum - July 24, 2014
Google’s Chromecast device has now been available for a year, and Google is celebrating its birthday by sharing some stats, and giving users complimentary access to Google Play Music All Access.
Anyone with a Chromecast (in the U.S.), who isn’t already a subscriber to Google’s streaming music service, gets 90 free days ending September 30. You can redeem this offer here.
As far as stats go, Google announced that people have hit the “cast” button over 400 million times. Here are some others:
– Available in 20 countries
– Available in 30,000 stores globally
– “Millions of devices” sold (they still won’t get specific)
– Hundreds of apps supported
– 6,000+ developers actively developing more than 10,000 Google Cast apps across Android, iOS and Chrome
Most recently, Google launched Chromecast in Ireland (its 20th country). This month, the company also added the ability for Android users (certain devices) to mirror their screens to their TVs using the Chromecast.
Image via Google