Facebook Pages Not Letting Businesses Post Links

Businesses missing out on Facebook traffic

Facebook Pages Not Letting Businesses Post Links
[ Social Media]

It seems to be a rough day in the social media world. A lot of Twitter users have been experiencing problems on and off, and some businesses with Facebook pages have been unable to post links throughout the day.

We noticed this ourselves at first, but then when searching the Twitterverse, saw others complaining about it as well.

Here are a few of those complaints. Let us know if you’ve been experiencing problems yourself.

I have a rough time posting on my facebook brand page today, anyone hear if there is something up with that? #facebook
3 minutes ago via web · powered by @socialditto

Anybody else having trouble posting items to their Facebook business page? I’ve been unable to post since last night.
19 minutes ago via Twitter for Mac · powered by @socialditto

Still having problems posting links to my #Facebook page.
1 hour ago via TweetDeck · powered by @socialditto

Pressconnects is having difficulty posting links on its Facebook page today. Please be patient as we work through this issue.
1 hour ago via TweetDeck · powered by @socialditto

Anyone else having trouble posting to a Facebook page right now?
3 hours ago via Twitter for Mac · powered by @socialditto

for some reason my tweets are not posting on my FaceBook page like they are supposed to

I wonder how much web traffic this is costing everybody. Facebook can be a tremendous source of not only traffic for sites, but engagement with user around a site’s content. If Facebook doesn’t get this problem fixed soon, there will no doubt be plenty of irate businesses.

Regular status updates do appear to be working, as do links from personal profiles.

We’ve reached out to Facebook, and will update if we receive a comment.

Facebook Pages Not Letting Businesses Post Links

• Elizabeth

I was able to post links if I “x’ed” out the area with a thumbnail, description and link title. I hope this is fixed soon!

• http://GraphicJoke.com Grin

Ditto. Only thing I could do is post a non-thumbnail link after trying all day with multiple browsers and computers.

• Lindsey Ronay

This is the second day in a row I have been unable to post any links on my organization’s facebook profile. I wonder why FB hasn’t come out with anything about it yet? Afraid of a stock price plummet? :-)

• http://wwww.scootermedia.com ShannanB

I have been having this same experience for the past two days. I have found that if I do not use a link shortened via a 3rd party that it allows me to post, but it has to be using the original link.

• http://www.emergeachildsplace.com bonnie hacker

I am in the same boat. Am very frustrated that I cannot post, although glad to know I am not alone.

• KimR

Same here. Removing the thumbnail and title portion works most of the time. Hope FB resolves soon.

• http://www.bomzalawgroup.com Karen

I have not been able to post link to facebook for over a week now. Anyone with a solution?

• Sidebar Top