Facebook Claims 10% of WorldBy: Mike Tuttle - January 13, 2012
Perhaps you’ve heard of Facebook…
With an IPO rumored for 2012, Facebook is big news. The infographic below will flood you with angles on the potential effects of the IPO, but here are a few interesting tidbits to chew on:
* The Facebook IPO is projected to be worth $10 Billion dollars.
* Google’s IPO was $1.67 Billion
* AT&T’s was 10.6 Billion
* FB is likely to be valued at $100 Billion
* McDonalds is valued at $95.6 Billion
* If FB Raises $100 Billion, Mark Zuckerberg will make $25 Billion
* The Winkelvoss Twins will get nothing. (Ok, I made that one up.)
And, this news just in…
Facebook is projected to hit a Billion users this summer. It is currently at 800 million users. That’s more than 1 in 10 humans on planet Earth using Facebook. To put that in perspective:
* 1 in 10 people in the world are obese.
* 1 in 10 people in the world live with a disability.
* 1 in 10 people in the world live on an island.
* 1 in 10 people in the world are gay.
* 1 in 10 people in the world paid a bribe last year.
* In 1900, only 1 in 10 people in the world lived in cities.
In fact, Forbes Magazine listed Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg as the 9th Most Powerful Person in the World. He lands just above David Cameron, Prime Minister of the U.K. and just below Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve.
Here’s that infographic. Be afraid. You helped build this…
Created by: Accounting Degree Online