eBay For Android Gets Significant Update [Updated]By: Chris Crum - September 13, 2012
Update: eBay has reportedly recalled this version fo the app, following numerous complaints of connectivity issues.
- Find cars, trucks, motorcycles as well as compatible parts and accessories with the mobile-optimized eBay Motors experience (US only, more countries coming soon)
- Improved My eBay list access
- Simplified navigation throughout the app
- View bidding history on an item
- Add up to 12 photos when listing an item with the app
- Users in Italy and Spain can now list items with the app
- Payment support for Malaysia and Singapore
The design aspects of the updated app are getting some praise. One blogger writes, “I do a lot of buying and sell off of eBay pretty frequently, and as of late, I have been using my mobile devices to do both buying and selling. It was a very nice application when it came to performance and easy access. It was a very easy application to use, but the application looked like it was designed by someone still living in the past. It really wasn’t a modern application. It was annoying on the eyes and was often pretty frustrating to use. I would love to see the application reach for a different design. Thankfully, that day is here.”
The reviews of the update on Google Play are mixed. There are a number complaints about the app not working since the update, but generally, those who haven’t had any trouble seem happy with it.
The app has an average rating of 4.5.