Bee Media Acquires Adcentricity; Goes Hyper-LocalBy: Shawn Hess - April 24, 2012
Bee Media Inc., a mobile shopping platform, has acquired Adcentricity Inc., a location-based digital media company. Together the two are offering a couple new products which should make it easier for advertisers to reach consumers locally and offer deals in their neighborhood.
Take a look at what the duo is offering:
* ADMobile: A platform for location-based mobile shopping, including mobile interfaces, shopping tools, location services, mobile payment, content management, analytics and reporting
* ADFormat: An automated content generation tool that allows advertisers to execute completely customizable campaigns of video, copy, images and graphics to fit any digital screen, DOOH, OOH or mobile that can be uniquely messaged to any specific market or location
With the acquisition, Bee Media will also continue to offer several of Adcentricity’s foundation products and services. Take a look:
* ADCentral: Core to the Adcentricity service, ADCentral acts as a hub for venue-specific planning, targeting and content creation with 16 categories and 55 subcategories reaching over 1 billion impressions across DOOH, in-store, in-store radio, NFC, Wi-Fi , mobile apps and more
* ADVenue: A tool that offers a single source of detailed digital media inventory and hyper-local venue selection across multiple location-based media channels
* ADTarget: Allows for targeting consumers most likely to purchase your product by layering venues with demographics and data from Nielsen, Environics, Polk, Simmons, PMB, BBM and more
Rob Gorrie, Senior Strategic Advisor at Adcentricity comments on the acquisition:
“The combination of local, shopper marketing, mobile, in-store radio and video networks has created a fractured landscape of thousands of smart, effective companies and media channels with limited ways to get the attention of, and adoption by, brands,”
“Together with Bee Media, we can now offer an even more powerful platform with the ability to target and distribute addressable content across every digital channel with a location attached to it – including mobile shopping applications, which Bee Media has been quietly building over the past year.”
Doug Woolridge, CEO of Adcentricity also comments on the acquisitions:
“When you couple Bee Media’s expertise on the consumer mobile applications side with that of Adcentricity on the location-based delivery side, it creates a platform that makes hyper-local mobile campaigns easy and executable for advertisers, brands and retailers,”
“Our location-based digital technology hub demystifies the complexities in this new media landscape enabling connections with on the go consumers in active retail environments. Our mission is to connect the digital world with the physical world with a few clicks and have the ability to measure and report on results in a timely fashion.”
Location-based advertising and marketing is quickly becoming a huge consumer influence and the partnership aims to streamline creation and delivery efforts to that end. Adcentricity has worked with American Express, Toyota, Samsung, General Motors, and many prominent others.