As you might remember, Twitter partnered with American Express last month to offer advertising space to select merchants. Now the partnership has released a promotional video on how to advertise on their platform and the ways it is going to benefit you.
They promise it's easy to use, and that your messages will reach the right people via their management systems. It will only offered to a handful of merchants at first, but as they work to get things up and running, they'll add new accounts.
Here's their promotional video for the new platform:
Here's the highlights as listed on Twitter's advertising blog:
* Get started in minutes: we provide ongoing management of your advertising.
* No previous advertising experience is required. If you can tweet, you can advertise on Twitter.
* Gain new followers: Promoted Accounts helps your small business connect with new people who want to hear from you and can spread the word about your business to others.
* Amplify your Tweets: Promoted Tweets helps your small business get your messages in front of more of the right people. Twitter will take out the guesswork by automatically identifying and promoting your most engaging Tweets.
* Pay per follower for Promoted Accounts and per engagement (click, retweet, reply, and favorite) for Promoted Tweets.
* Target the whole world, specific countries, or limit your reach to specific U.S. metropolitan areas.
So if you're already on Twitter, or you're an American Express small business cardholder, here's a unique opportunity for you promote and distinguish your products/services. Twitter now handles advertising, and you could be one of the first to take advantage of their unique platform. Look into it.