Eva Rausing: Husband Arrested Following Wife's Mysterious Death

WebProNews StaffLife

Share this Post

Eva Rausing, the wife of Tetra Pak heir Hans Kristian Rausing, was found dead inside her multi-million dollar home on Monday. The cause of death is currently unknown, though investigators are presently conducting more tests to figure what led to Rausing's passing. To add further fuel to the fires of speculation, London police have arrested her husband on drug-related charges, giving them a prime opportunity to ask the man a few questions regarding the death of his beloved wife.

According to reports, both Rausing and her husband have struggled with drug addiction over the years. In 2008, Eva, who was born in the United States, was arrested outside of the U.S. Embassy for attempting to smuggle crack cocaine and heroine into the building. Following the incident, police also found similar drugs in the couple's home, though charges of drug possession were later dropped in exchange for what amounts to a slap on the wrist.

Despite their problems, the Rausings were tireless philanthropists, contributing to a number of charities. Eva in particular had donated her time, money, and expertise to a number of different organizations, including Action on Addiction. Additionally, Eva -- who was considered to be one of the richest women in Britain -- contributed greatly to The Prince's Foundation.

Tom and Nancy Kemeny, Eva's parents, were understandably devastated at their daughter's passing. In a statement, the couple said, "During her short lifetime she made a huge philanthropic impact, supporting a large number of charitable causes, not only financially, but using her own personal experiences. She bravely fought her health issues for many years."

Hans Kristian Rausing, who is currently being treated at a London hospital, is the heir to Tetra Pak, which manufactures laminated cardboard drink containers. The family is thought to be worth over $6.7 billion. Although investigators intend to question Hands about Eva's death, police have no indicated whether or not foul play was involved in Eva's death.