Yoko Ono: John Lennon's Widow Didn't Suffer Stroke, Released from Hospital

Kimberly RipleyLife

Share this Post

Yoko Ono, the 83-year-old widow of Beatles legend John Lennon, was rumored to have been hospitalized this weekend after suffering from a stroke. Her son, Sean Ono Lennon, has since shared word that not only didn't his mom have a stroke, but she was also released from the hospital on Saturday.

It was Friday night when an unconscious Yoko Ono was transported by ambulance from her home at the Dakota to Mount Sinai West Hospital, where it was later determined she was suffering from a severe case of dehydration as a result of the flu.

On Saturday, the only child of John Lennon and Yoko Ono seemed more than happy to announce his mom was home from the hospital.

During an interview with Us Weekly last week, Yoko Ono admitted she still misses John Lennon, who was shot and killed in front of the Dakota back in 1980.

"Maybe people already know this, but I miss John every day," she said.

Yoko Ono also says in the interview that she had nothing to do with the breakup of The Beatles.

"I had nothing to do with breaking up the Beatles. And I think Paul [McCartney] is a pretty cool dude," she said.

Yoko Ono fans no doubt find it pretty cool that at 83 she's still an icon. And they're surely happy to learn she's back at home and in much better health that originally feared.

Kimberly Ripley
Kimberly Ripley is a freelance writer and published author from Portsmouth, New Hampshire. A wife, mom of five and 'Nana' to Lilly and Aiden, she loves cooking for her big family and watching HGTV in her spare time. Kim is guilty of starting way more home design projects than she can finish. Visit her at Twitter and Facebook.