Yoko Ono, 83-Year-Old Widow of John Lennon, Released from Hospital

Kimberly RipleyLife

Share this Post

Yoko Ono was unconscious when she was rushed to Mount Sinai Roosevelt Hospital in Manhattan Friday night. Rumors quickly made the rounds saying the widow of Beatles singer/songwriter John Lennon suffered a stroke.

Son Sean Lennon insisted early on Saturday that his mother didn't have a stroke, but was suffering some serious flu symptoms instead.

Yoko Ono was transferred via ambulance from her home at the Dakota, where she has lived since she and John Lennon purchased their apartment back in 1973. Lennon was shot and killed outside of the Dakota in 1980.

Ono was expected to remain in the hospital for the remainder of the weekend, however her son took to Twitter later on Saturday to say she has been released.

A bit later, Sean Ono Lennon added yet another tweet.

Earlier this week, in an interview with Us Weekly, Yoko Ono shared a few facts about herself she thought her fans might like to know.

"Maybe people already know this, but I miss John every day," she said of her late husband.

Yoko Ono also insists in the interview that she had nothing to do with the breakup of The Beatles.

"I had nothing to do with breaking up the Beatles. And I think Paul [McCartney] is a pretty cool dude," she said.

Sean Ono Lennon, along with Yoko Ono's fans, are no doubt relieved the 83-year-old is home and on the mend. It sounds like her ordeal on Friday night was a rather frightening experience.

Kimberly Ripley
Kimberly Ripley is a freelance writer and published author from Portsmouth, New Hampshire. A wife, mom of five and 'Nana' to Lilly and Aiden, she loves cooking for her big family and watching HGTV in her spare time. Kim is guilty of starting way more home design projects than she can finish. Visit her at Twitter and Facebook.