Yelp Launches App for iPad
Yelp has launched a long-awaited (by iPad users) iPad app. It’s now available in the iTunes Store.
The app lets users do the following:
– Search for businesses using a new landscape map/list mode, or flip your iPad into portrait for a full screen view
– Browse business information and reviews
– Write Yelp reviews and share to Twitter and/or Facebook
– Bookmark businesses you want to try or have been meaning to review
– Sign up for a Yelp Account
– Access new photo search results
"Think of all the local businesses you can search for and bookmark via your Yelp iPad app and cross those pesky last minute gifts off your list — not to mention find bars, movie theaters and more around you to avoid the in-laws," says Yelp’s mobile team.
"And while we’ve been up to a ton this year, like always, we plan to update Yelp for iPad in 2011 with even more features like user profiles, complimenting and more," the team adds.
Yelp also has apps for BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, and Palm Pre, in addition to a mobile site a m.yelp.com.