What’s New in BlueDragon 7?
New Atlanta, recently released Beta 1 of version 7 of thier BlueDragon CFML application server.
Below is a list of the new features – I think the
IsNull function and
null keyword will prove to be quite handy.
- Multi-threaded programming (CFTHREAD, and related tags and functions)
- Interfaces and Abstract CFCs
- null keyword and IsNull() function
- CFQUERY Enhancements
- CACHEDUNTILCHANGE attribute
- BACKGROUND attribute
- onClientStart() handler
- onMissingTemplate() handler
- CFSEARCH Enhancements
- support for Word and PDF documents
- support for multiple languages
- UDF Forward References in CFML pages
- CFREGISTRY support for Windows registry
- ASP.NET Partial Trust Mode (BD.NET)
- support for MySQL 5.0, including stored procedures
- support for 64-bit Windows and Linux
- miscellaneous CFMX 7 compatible enhancements
- performance enhancements
- bug fixes
Null Java References in CF 6 vs 7 – January 10, 2006
CFDocs.org back up and running – April 21, 2006
Textile for ColdFusion – February 13, 2006
Use CFSILENT – February 7, 2006
DNS Query with ColdFusion – October 27, 2005
Pete Freitag (http://www.petefreitag.com/) is a software engineer, and
web developer located in central new york. Pete specializes in the
HTTP protocol, web services, xml, java, and coldfusion. In 2003 Pete
published the ColdFusion MX Developers Cookbook with SAMs Publishing.
Pete owns a Firm called Foundeo (http://foundeo.com/) that specializes
in Web Consulting, and Products for Web Developers.