Web site strategy #2. “Stay with Me” concept
The most of what I’ve planed to say is already explained in these three words mentioned above. It would probably be the end of the article. :0) Maybe somewhere else, but not here, as I haven’t yet explained you the blueprint for success with content rich web-site.
Without going too far let’s use any popular web-site directory and look for online magazines or just theme-focused web-sites. You will quickly grasp what I mean particularly. They usually consist of many stand-alone pages on certain topic related to the main web-site subject. Generally they have a complex and deep directory structure, in the contrast to the e-commerce shops complexity, which are mainly more technical rather then contextual.
Although I should clearly emphasize that these two strategies are the “backbones” of all variations of existed models, it’s understood that it is a big temptation not to include some product sales letter into already known and established content rich web-site or not to expand your already highly profitable product sa|es geb-site or e-shop with a very good content material related to the topic.
Back to our “backbone” #2.
Their TASKS are to:
1. Provide a visitor with information s/he is looking for in Quality, Quick and Qualified way, implementing, therefore, my rule of “3-Qs”.
2. Answer at least the majority of visitor’s questions. If this task is not successfully accomplished your visitor is lost to continue exploring other web-sites for answers, that haven’t been found at your site.
3. Make your visitor spend more time at your web resource, as it will mean that s/he is highly interested in information you arranged.
4. Make a time-spending for anyone who comes by to be pleasant. That is why the structure, web-site navigation, content and its representation are much more important in comparison with the site that utilizes “buy or goodbye” policy.
5. Build long-term online credibility at the expanse of quick profits. Any online sales are subsidiary and shouldn’t be considered as target number one.
* Presentation of the quality information concerning given subject.
* Complex navigation structure.
* Relatively big web-site in terms of occupied space.
* Demands a lot of support efforts.
How long is the way?
Much longer then putting sales-letter web-site. Credibility and online community respect cannot be built on 2-3 web-pages of information and 2-3 weeks of work. If you are serious about your online presence and you can afford spending several months exclusively for creating content rich web-site disregarding the time needed to collect that information and gain necessary skills and knowledge first. That is the way you should go through.
SEs, on the contrary to the “buy or goodbye” concept web-sites, are also your allies in that e-business game. They will like you because you help them deliver what they are looking for – information. As a result you can save a lot of advertising funds, by creating keywords attractive web-pages and focusing on high SE rankings, therefore getting free traffic non-stop. Good SE placement and indexes-directories listing are the number one priority, and fortunately to you, this task will be accomplished indirectly and without much work from your side. How? Just by developing and delivering high-quality info, you will discover very soon that your web-site is ranked in the top 10.
The developing process comprises the creation of quality content, writing and publishing your own as well as third party articles, offering info products like ebooks, video, audio or just text files, creating autoresponder courses, sending newsletters, ezines, setting up a discussion board, running online surveys, online interactive games etc. It seems like serious work, but $15.000 monthly is also serious money, isn’t it?
1. A quick way to build yourself a reputation of expert in the field of activity given.
2. Vast possibilities to create a loyal online community.
3. More fundamental way to establishing online presence.
4. Steady and growing auditory equals to steady and growing monthly cash flow.
1. Relatively more time consuming and longer way to make “first money”.
2. Will demand writing skills as well as certain level of knowledge and skills to be able to share it with others.
Get THE MOST of it.
With what has already been said, the time seems to be of the most value. To be efficient you should strive to save time, plan your work and increase productivity. It is very easy to be distracted when building content-rich web-sites. As it was told numerous times: “Internet is a huge distracter”. I don’t want to repeat over again but you should stick to the plan and be focused.
In previous article I suggested to start publishing online newsletter, e-magazine or offering e-business courses – anything to create a steady number of visitors. With “stay with me” web-site concept it is not advisable, it is obligatory, so the most valuable advise here would be to automate as much business processes as possible.
You’ve got to have software to automate your web-site updates, software to keep all your content, subscribers’ databases etc. These 3-5 programs are the basis of running your effective business. The rest depends solely upon your desire to achieve success.
Pavel Lenshin is an Internet entrepreneur.
He contibuted his NeoProfit System:
http://neoprofit.com/system.htm and now you can
Check this superb deal while it is still active: