Wearable Technology Is Drawing A Great Deal Of Interest (If Search Trends Are Any Indication)
Yahoo shared some search data with us today indicating that people are quite interested in smart watches and other wearable technology. A long-rumored Apple watch was absent from the company’s big event on Tuesday, but such a product could end up being a hit if it ever comes out.
Samsung recently unveiled the Samsung Galaxy Gear, and according to Yahoo, searches for [Samsung smart watch] have spiked 787% this month. It’s the top searched product with at least ten times more searches than both [sony smart watch] and [apple smart watch].
“Men are most interested in the new watch as 77% of the searches come from them,” a Yahoo spokesperson tells WebProNews. “Other top searches for smart watches include [casio smart watch bluetooth], [samsung smart watch price], [samsung galaxy smart watch features], [pebble smart watch], [omate trusmart watch].”
More findings from Yahoo:
- [fitbit] is the top searched wearable tech item on Yahoo over the past 30 days
- Ranked in order, top searched wearable tech items on Yahoo this month are: [fitbit], [google glass] (merged with google glasses), [smart watch], [samsung smart watch], [jawbone up], [sony smart watch], [apple smart watch]
- Searches for [google glass] are nearly 3x higher than [samsung smart watch] this month on Yahoo
- [fitbit] is searched by women 61% of the time and [jawbone up] is searched for by women 70% of the time – clearly, ladies are more interested in the fitness bands
- [google glass] is searched for men 74% of the time
- [samsung smart watch] is searched for 76% by men and [sony smart watch] is searched for 92% of the time by men – guys are more interested in smart watches than women
- Over the past week on Yahoo, [samsung smart watch] has spiked 791% and has been searched for nearly 2x more than [google glasses]
Image: Samsung (Youtube)