Twitter Shares User Stats, Including 100 million ACTIVE Users
Twitter revealed a number of stats today, showing off the influence it has over various walks of life and the media at large.
The post complements a “State of the Twitter” talk CEO Dick Costolo gave today where he is quotedwe as saying that scaling the advertising business is “the only thing we think we need to do to be a successful business.”
Speaking of ads, earlier we looked at a great example of a successful promoted tweet, which is capitalizing on time.
Here are the stats Twitter rattled off throughout its wordy post:
- 100 million active users
- over half log in each day
- 40% sign in just to listen to “what’s happening”
- Twitter will soon support 17 languages
- 35 global heads of state use Twitter
- 84% of U.S. governors use Twitter
- Every major candidate for President uses Twitter
- Over 40% of the top global religious leaders use Twitter
- Two thirds of the NBA is on Twitter
- Every team in the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and MLS tweets
- Over 99% of America’s top 200 non-profits are on Twitter
- 87% of Billboard’s top 100 musicians of 2010 are active on Twitter
- Space Shuttle image was retreated over 2,300 times
Twitter drives home the point of just how valuable its data is, simply because of who is using it – and that goes for the common person in the right (or wrong) circumstances.
Twitter has renewed a deal with Bing, leaving Google out in the cold. Google seems to think it can make up for lost data using Google+. It’s just not there yet, and real time search just won’t be the same without Twitter for the foreseeable future.