Top 10 Video Searches Of 2006
Clipblast.com has released their Top 10 most popular searches for Internet video for 2006. ClipBlast! is proud to present the moments that the public wanted to watch in 2006,” said Gary Baker, ClipBlast! founder and CEO. “But what we’re most proud of is that we’re able to locate and show, in real time, a relevant variety of video – of all kinds, from all types of sources, from all across the Web. That’s something that Google, YouTube and other video-content providers aren’t doing yet.”
ClipBlast! compiled the list based on the year’s most popular video searches at clipblast.com:
1.Steve Irwin- the crocodile hunter was mourned and missed after his untimely death.
2. Borat-The wacky guy from Kazakhstan became a cultural phenomenon.
3. World Cup- soccer,soccer and more soccer along with a nice head butt were popular among sports fans.
4. Al Zarqawi-the June death of Iraq’s Al-Qaeda leader in a U.S. military strike.
5. Britney Spears- Res Ipsa loquitur
6. Michael Richards-His on stage meltdown and racial slurs yelled at hecklers made folks curious.
7. JonBenet Ramsey-10 years after her unsolved murder and a false confession from a weirdo made for interesting if morose fodder.
8. George W. Bush- his popularity may have been rocky but he was a hit online.
9. Corey Lidle-New York Yankees pitcher who died when his plane crashed into a NCY apartment building.
10. Mel Gibson-the passion of the Mel was drunk driving and anti-Semitic remarks.