Tools of the Trade: Photo Editing
With digital cameras becoming a hit not only to professional photographers, it is understandable that creations of digital image files are also increasing.
It is actually the magic of being able to manipulate your photos – edit and organize them and make certain special effects that digital image files become interesting and essential. In order to keep in line with the best and easiest ways of editing, organizing and storing digital photos, latest software application programs for digital photo enhancements are being introduced.
Here, we give you an overview of the features of some of the newest tools to maximize your digital image editing efforts:
1. Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 – this latest offering of Adobe offers enhanced features not only for editing your digital photos but also helps you in organizing your files. Ten new features makes it an all-in-one home photo solution:
1)could perfect, transform, organize and share your digital photos;
2) ability to brush away flaws on your photo;
3) can create dynamic slideshows;
4) can send themed photo e-mail;
5) you can enjoy flexible print options;
6) you could get high quality images with camera raw and 16-bit support;
7) you’re given the chance to pick your best shot from among many;
8) photos for safekeeping can be archived;
9) gives you the full color range, and;
10) have intuitive capability to instantly fix common flaws.
Can’t wait to get your hands on this new software? You may expect its shipping on November. It costs $99.99 and can be ordered from the Adobe Site!
2. Microsoft’s Digital Image Suite 10 – this offering by Microsoft debuted last month, with expanded set of tools to satisfy your passion for digital photography. This includes all new features found in Digital Image Pro and more and Digital Image Library for those dead- set in a digital photography career0.
Several innovative features are:
1) by cataloging photos in Digital Image Library guarantee you quick storing and retrieving of photos;
2) with Photo Story 2.0, you could create videos using your photos, with all the audio-visual effects;
3) as you view your photos, flags allow you to designate the next-steps to do with your photos;
4) on-click Auto Fixes help you adjust color, exposure and more;
5) complex editing problems can be handled easily with Color and Exposure toolsets;
6) Panoramic Stitching lets you piece together multiple horizontal and vertical photos;
7) allows precise adjustments over five curves;
8) you can remove unwanted noise in your pictures;
9) with Fix Red Eye Tool to remove red eye from photos;
9) can delete unwanted things in the background of your photo by the Smart Erase tool.
Good news! It’s available on the market already and costs $129.
If the two tools given above doesn’t satisfy you enough, you could still have other reliable tools for your Photo Editing. You may try Jac’s Paint Shop Pro 9 and Apple’s iPhoto for other needed features to help you with your Digital Images. -30-
Lala C. Ballatan is a 26 year-old Communication Arts graduate, with a major in Journalism. Right after graduating last 1999, she worked for one year as a clerk then became a Research, Publication and Documentation Program Director at a non-government organization, which focuses on the rights, interests and welfare of workers for about four years.
For comments and inquiries about the article visit http://www.ucreative.com