The Walking Dead Facebook Game Gets New Chapter, FeaturesBy: Chris Crum - October 15, 2012
In August, AMC launched a Walking Dead Facebook game in beta. The beta status still applies, but now, a new chapter and some new features have been added. These include fullscreen mode and improved weapons.
“Chapter 2 lets fans battle walkers and fight for survival in downtown Atlanta alongside Glenn, Daryl and more characters from the show,” explains AMC in a blog post. “Just complete Chapter 1 — where you escape down the highway with Shane, Lori and Carl — to get to Chapter 2.”
Updates to the game, based on feedback, include:
- Wide screen and full screen modes for a richer game experience.
- Energy is no longer needed for moving and fighting.
- Upgraded weapons, with greater abilities, accuracy and range
- Intel and morale are no longer required to play missions.
- An enhanced normal mode that makes expert mode obsolete.
In September, AMC paid tribute to the film The Social Network (about the founding of Facebook, of course), with a poster similar to the one for the movie. This marked The Walking Dead surpassing 10 million Facebook fans. The page has added nearly a million more since then.
If you want a chance to star in another The Walking Dead game, there is a contest you can participate in.