The Collaborators of the Global Mobile IndustryBy: Chris Crum - June 29, 2009
Today the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA) announced new members of its global board of directors and officers. If you are unfamiliar with the MMA, it is an organization that is made up of agencies, advertisers, hand-held device manufacturers, carriers and operators, retailers, software providers and service providers, and other companies focused on the marketing with mobile devices.
Recently, WebProNews interviewed the MMA’s President and CEO Mike Wehrs. Wehrs talked about growth in in mobile marketing, and the benefits of the medium.
People have their mobile devices with them 18 hours a day, as Wehrs said. "Why wouldn’t you want to be able to deliver relevant information to them?" he asked. "Because if you do it well, it doesn’t become an advertisement. It becomes information that they were looking for anyway."
The Global Board is made up of elected Executive Committee members from each region who will work together with the wider membership and MMA staff to "manage and steer the Mobile Marketing Association; continuing to advance its international leadership on the key issues that affect the industry."
The Global Board will be chaired by Federico Pisani Massamormile, and will be supported by Global Vice-Chairperson Michael Becker and Wehrs among others.
"The MMA is a premier industry association which discusses, plans and works cooperatively with its entire membership to resolve key industry issues, to share perspectives and case studies across the different geographic regions, to promote technology, processes and practices innovation, and, ultimately, to boost the growth of mobile marketing and advertising worldwide. I am greatly honored to be in a position to help shape its initiatives, drive its international growth and advance its industry leadership," says Massamormile.
"Global industry collaboration is essential for the success of mobile marketing and to ensure the best experience for the consumer. Our member and board contribution to this collaborative process is incredibly important, offering real-world expertise and experience," said Wehrs.
The Full list of Board Members is as follows:
* Global Chair: Federico Pisani Massamormile, CEO HANZO
* Global Vice Chair: Michael Becker, Executive Vice President of Business Development , iLoop Mobile
* Global Treasurer: Louis Gump, VP Mobile, CNN
* Global Secretary: Geoffrey Handley, Co-Founder & New Business Director, The Hyperfactory
* MMA: Mike Wehrs, President and CEO
* Chair: Sean Rach, Managing Director, OgilvyOne Hong Kong
* Vice Chair: Barney Loehnis, Network Director, Isobar Asia Pacific
* Secretary: Dilip Mistry, Head of Mobile Services, Microsoft Asia
* Treasurer: Geoffrey Handley , Co-Founder & New Business Director, The Hyperfactory HK Ltd
* Chair Emeritus: Jimmy Poon, Managing Director, Puca Technologies
* MMA: Rohit Dadwal, Managing Director APAC
* Chair: Herve Le Jouan, Managing Director, Europe, comScore Inc
* Vice Chair: Arda Kertmelioglu, Vice President & Business Development, Mobilera BV
* Secretary: Mark Wächter, Chairman, BVDW Section Mobile (MMA Germany)
* Treasurer: Salvador Carrillo, Founder & CEO, Mobile Dreams Factory (MMA Spain)
* Chair Emeritus: Russell Buckley, Vice President of Global Alliances, AdMob (also Global Chair Emeritus)
* MMA: Paul Berney, Managing Director EUR
* Chair: Omarson Costa, Senior Business Development Manager – Latin America, Microsoft
* Vice Chair: Enrique Yuste, President, Wunderman Latin America
* Treasurer: Fernanda Magalhaes, Brazil Manager, Mobext
* Secretary: Roberto Vázquez Ferrero, Director Telecom Practice, Latin America, The Nielsen Company
* Chair Emeritus: Federico Pisani Massamormile, CEO, HANZO
* MMA: Terence Reis, Managing Director LATAM
* Chair: Maria Mandel, Executive Director of Digital Innovation, Ogilvy Interactive
* Vice Chair: Michael Becker, VP, Mobile Strategies, iLoop Mobile
* Treasurer: Louis Gump, VP Mobile, CNN
* Secretary: Paul Palmieri, President & CEO, Millennial Media
* Chair Emeritus: Tom Daly, Group Manager, Strategy & Planning, The Coca-Cola Company
* MMA: Mike Wehrs, President & CEO (also MMA rep to Global Board)