The Blogosphere Continues to Grow
The latest stats on the English-language blogosphere from Technorati show continued growth, maintaining the doubling in size that has been consistent for the past few years:
- Technorati now tracks over 35.3 million blogs (English language)
- The blogosphere is doubling in size every 6 months
- It is now over 60 times bigger than it was 3 years ago
- On average, a new weblog is created every second of every day
- 19.4 million bloggers (55%) are still posting 3 months after their blogs are created
- Technorati tracks about 1.2 million new blog posts each day, about 50,000 per hour
Details from David Sifry. His post includes links to previous stats reports going back to 2004.
Neville Hobson is the author of the popular NevilleHobson.com blog which focuses on business communication and technology.