Technorati Now Tracking 57 Million Blogs
Dave Sifry has released his quarterly State of the Blogosphere report which informs us that Technorati is now tracking 57 million blogs. With this report comes some fun blogging stats:
- 100,000 blogs created daily (Q3)
- 55% of all blogs are active
- Over 70% of pings are from known spam sources
- English and Japanese remain the two most popular languages
- Blogging Elite – 500 or more blogs linking in the last 6 months
According to the report Technorati continues to spend quite a bit of time fighting spam blogs, or splogs.
FYI: Online Marketing Blog is ranked 1,179 out of 57,000,000 blogs.
Lee Odden is President and Founder of
TopRank Online Marketing, specializing in organic SEO, blog
marketing and online public relations. He’s been cited as a search
marketing expert by publications including U.S. News & World Report and
The Economist and has implemented successful search marketing programs
with top BtoB companies of all sizes. Odden shares his marketing
expertise at Online Marketing Blog offering
daily news, interviews and best practices.