Every year, Time Magazine puts out their TIME 100 list of the world's most influential people. The list is always populated with a wide range of figures from a wide range of fields - politicians, religious icons, actors, musicians, and yes, tech figures.
And this year's list seems to be full of techies - more so than past year's lists.
In no particular order, here are some of the tech names that grace this year's TIME 100:
- Elon Musk, founder of both Tesla and SpaceX, who Richard Branson calls"a man who can see many things at once"
- Oh-Hyun Kwon, CEO of Samsung
- Kevin Systrom, Instagram co-founder
- Ren Zhengfei, founder and CEO of Chinese telecom giant Huawei
- Ted Sarandos, Netflix's Chief Content Officer, who Jeffrey Tambor says is "helping create the future of entertainment"
- Markus Persson and Jens Bergensten, Minecraft developers
- Sam Yagan, OkCupid co-founder and CEO of Match.com
- David Einhorn, President of Greenlight Capital
- Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook COO
- Jony Ive, Apple design leader
- Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, co-founders of Coursera
- Marissa Mayer, Yahoo CEO, who Google's Eric Schmidt calls "pathbreaker and a trailblazer and an inspiration to women everywhere
- Perry Chan, CEO of Kickstarter
- Kai-Fu Lee, tech incubator
If you want to check out this year's and previous TIME 100 lists, they've got every list all the way back to 2004 available on the Time 100 hub.