StuntDubl’s Friday Favorites
I missed last week (My laptop started with the “laptop death rattle” – so it was a scramble to do data backups, find and migrate to a new machine). One of the worst parts of being a solo shop is being your own IT guy. Excuses aside – here’s twice the friday favorite goodness for this week.
- Brad discusses how the thank you page is the most under-utilized page on the web, tips us off to Google’s retail specific knowledge base for adwords, and how to find your quality score.
- Matt disects Google local’s algorithm
- Jim talks about why new sites suck for search
- 11 Ways to increase your conversion rate – great stuff from T-bo
- 5 ways to promote your local biz for $888 a year – plus a local gold mine from Mr. Gray. He also asks – are you a baiter or a flasher?
- Is the world out of good ideas? – if you haven’t found this yet, Brant writes some nice stuff including posts on valuation for an exit, and how to handle an NDA
- Jarrod drops his definitive guide to blogging
- Joe has a nice roundup of Google filters
- Darren Dalasta tells us how to know if your friend is an SEO
- Brian coins the Paris Hilton rule, shows us how to drive traffic without SE’s, and illustrates competitive webmastering (aka SEO) for Jason Calacanis
- Andy explains how to escape Google’s supplemental results
- Shoemoney is a genius, and provides the goods with the Adwords arrow trick
- How social media impacts SEM from one of the guys who would know best.
- Searchviews and reprise media gives us the superbowl ad scorecard (curses to whoever dropped Rand’s ad)
- Muhammad Saleem has joined up with Pronetadvertising, and is writing some fantastic stuff on social media including a post on digg narcissim among others (see ego hook)
- Loren’s guide to link buying rocks
- I could probably link just about anything Kathy Sierra writes – favorite recent post – Inspiring your user-evangelists=
- Brian Clark advises differentiate or die, and gives his usual great ideas on titles (note to self – listen to his podcast with Neil and Cameron on Rush Hour)
- Aaron talks about using scraper to improve relevance and probably some other awesome stuff I didn’t read:)
- 50% off Reviewme -sweet! (no aff)
- Everyone involved in search marketing should thank their respectful Gods that we have Danny around to defend the reputation of SEO (cause the rest of us are too damn lazy or busy to try to convert those who don’t "get it") – Thanks Danny!
About the Author
Todd Malicoat aka Stuntdubl made his first horrible looking website full of animated .gifs in 1997, and after fours years of failure and experimentation ended up in the world of SEO and internet marketing in early 2001. He is currently an independent marketing consultant from the SEO school of thought. Todd earned a bachelors of business adminstration from Northwood University in 2003 while running an web design and consulting firm Meta4creations, LLC. Todd is a speaker at both Webmasterworld and Search Engine Strategies conferences.