Report: Online Video the Top Priority in Marketing
TurnHere has shared the results of an interesting survey on current and future trends in online video among brands and marketing agencies. The survey found that online video has and will continue to have a prominent place in the arsenal of marketers. It should be noted that TurnHere is an online video company.
"This survey clearly demonstrates that businesses of all sizes consider online video to be an integral part of their marketing mix," said Bud Rosenthal, CEO of TurnHere. "Online video is the number one priority among all online marketing tools for 2010, and that finding directly ties into the high satisfaction levels for video implementation and its return on investment (ROI)."
Noteworthy findings include:
– Online video is the top marketing priority for 2010, edging out both email and search marketing
– Companies are experimenting across a wide range of video marketing: 57% have created branded video; 40% have used video for product or service demos, and 37% for customer or employee testimonials
– Branded content is the preferred online video type with the highest use among all video formats, the highest overall satisfaction levels and the highest likelihood of future use
– The top reasons for video include: branding (60%), exposure on sites like YouTube (54.7%), and viral content (48%)
– Professionally produced content was overwhelmingly favored over user generated
– 83.5% of respondents are already using online video in their marketing efforts in one form or another
– 90.7% of respondents are likely or highly likely to use online video in their marketing efforts in the next 12 months
The survey was conducted throughout the third quarter of 2009, and included respondents from Fortune 500 companies, as well as regional brands, PR and traditional agencies. Surveyed companies had annual marketing budgets ranging from $100,000 to $5 million.TurnHere’s report is available here.