Steve Jobs: “Podcasting Is Taking Off Like a Rocket.”
Steve Jobs’ introduction of Apple’s new Rokr and Nano is now available online. He reveals some interesting factoids on iTunes and iPods.
* The average iTunes customer purchases 60 songs.
* Podcasting technology has been around for one year.
* After offering podcasts on iTunes for two months, it has 7 million podcast subscriptions.
* iTunes offers 15,000 podcasts and adds 1,000 new podcasts each week.
* 30% of cars will offer iPod connectivity in the US in 2006. This is HUGE for podcasting.
And for fun, the Nano is:
* 80% smaller than the iPod that first shipped less than 4 years ago
* 1/3 the size of the smallest phone on the market and it carries all the features of an iPod.
Visit Kevin’s blog: Strategic Public Relations.