Skype for iPhone Officially Available
Update: Skype says:
In under 36 hours after it first appeared, Skype for iPhone has hit the number one spot in the following countries, being the most downloaded free app in the App Store:
Australia · Austria · Belgium · Brazil · Chile · China · Croatia · Czech Republic · Denmark · Finland · France · Germany · Greece · Hungary · Ireland · Israel · Italy · Japan · Kuwait · Luxembourg · Netherlands · New Zealand · Norway · Poland · Portugal · Qatar · Romania · Russia · Singapore · Slovakia · Slovenia · South Africa · Spain · Sri Lanka · Sweden · Switzerland · Taiwan · UAE · UK · USA
Original Article: We’ve heard lots of rumblings in recent days about Skype getting ready to be released for the iPhone, but it’s official now. The eBay INK Blog announces: it is available at the Apple App Store.
With Skype for the iPhone, users can:
– Use free Skype-to-Skype calls from any Wi-Fi zone to other Skype users worldwide
– Call landline or mobile phones with low rates from any Wi-Fi zone
– Send/receive instant messages to/from individuals or groups via 3G, Wi-Fi, GPRS or EDGE (whichever is available)
– Receive calls to a personal online number on Skype
– See when Skype contacts are online/available to IM or talk
"The user interface is everything you’d expect from an iPhone app, and it integrates with your Address Book for super low cost calls to friends, family and colleagues abroad," says Skype’s Peter Parkes. "It also integrates with the Camera Roll and your photo albums so you can select a profile picture you love."