Seven Ways to Explicitly Trigger Network Effects
A few weeks ago, Dion Hinchcliffe wrote Creating Web 2.0 Applications: Seven Ways to Fully Embrace the Network which contains some crazy business-speak and some good ideas about making it possible for your applications to harness network effects.
Briefly, I’ll list them here along with a few of my comments.
1. Network Enable Your Application
2. Enable Data Sharing and Data Defaults
3. Linkify Everything In Your Web 2.0 App: people still underestimate the power of the permalink, don’t they?
4. Syndicate Your Content: welcome to 2002!
5. Turn Your Application Into a Platform: this can be much, much harder than it seems
6. Open Up Inside Your Site
7. Build a Viral Social Architecture
Visit Jeremy’s blog: Jeremy Zawodny’s blog.