Sandra Bullock Experiences Everyone’s Worst Nightmare: Sees Stalker Walk Past Her Bedroom
Sandra Bullock experienced everyone’s worst nightmare.
According to a recently released LAPD search warrant affidavit, Bullock first saw her stalker as he passed by her bedroom the night he entered her home.
The affidavit said the Gravity actress was awakened by a loud banging around 6:30 a.m. on June 8, and a short time later saw a man — later identified as 39-year-old Joshua Corbett — walk past her bedroom. It was from there she called 911.
The warrant, issued for the search of Corbett’s residence and a hangar at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank, says police caught Corbett roaming through Sandra Bullock’s Los Angeles home.
At the time of his arrest, he was carrying written materials, including a diary and a letter in which Corbett said that he had previously visited her home, had watched her return home from a gala event, and referenced two large gates he said he hoped she would open for him.
According to the affidavit, he apparently believed he was married to the actress and father to her son. In the letter police confiscated from Corbett, he wrote that until Bullock opened the gates, “I will forever be thinking of you and (Louie) my son as you are my wife by law.”
The document said Corbett yelled out “Sandy” several times after the arrest, and said, “Sandy, I’m sorry. Please don’t press charges.”
Corbett has pleaded not guilty to nearly two dozen felony counts, including stalking, possession of an illegal machine gun and residential burglary. Corbett was carrying a concealed firearm permit issued in Utah at the time of the arrest.
During an interview with police, Corbett allegedly said he jumped the front gate and broke into Bullock‘s residence, and “did not want to make Sandra upset and did not expect her to be home.”
He told detectives he “wanted to show security that her residence was not impervious and she was in danger.”
One word — creepy.
Image via Wikimedia Commons