Samsung Q1 UMPC Accessories Revealed
- Intel Celeron M ULV 900 MHz/Pentium M ULV 1.1-1.2 GHz
- One 512 magabyte SODIMM, and only one slot in total, so you’ll have to replace to upgrade, not add
- 7-inch WVGA (800480) touchscreen
- Stereo speakers, array mic
- 1.8-inch hard drive, capacities: 20/30/40/60/80 gigs
- Comm: 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11 a/b/g (or b/g on some), Bluetooth 2.0
- Multimedia Instant On
- I/O: Compact Flash Type 2 slot, RJ45, 2 USB ports, VGA-out, optical disk connector, DC-in, audio jack
- Buttons: 8-way joystick, 4-way user-defined button, Auto-Scale button (switches between 1024600/800600/800480), Enter button, Menu button, Hold switch, Volume Up/Down, power switch, reset pinhole, DMB antenna
- 1-year warranty
- Weight: 779 grams
- Thickness: 24.5 milimeters
- Standard 3-cell battery, good for 3.5 hours
The standard unit will have a 40-gig hard drive and the Celeron processor.
Accessories are a USB keyboard, organizer bag (holds keyboard and Q1, giving you almost a laptop feel), Optical Disk Drive (DVD-CDRW combo), car cradle (if you want to mount it in your car, and an 8-cell power bank (which should boost it to an actual, usable 10-hours of battery life).
The PDF also says that it comes with the necessary software for a GPS navigation system, which is where that car cradle comes in handy, just add an optional GPS module.
Looks like interesting stuff. Of course, it would be nice if they could give the thing a less slick surface, so it wouldn’t spend all day covered in fingerprints, but I guess that’s what the ASUS is for.
Visit the InsideGoogle blog.