RSS Has Filters
- Your top trusted editors in each category already are human editors / filters. As you go deeper into any category you find more duplication.
- Many blog platforms allow you to subscribe to an individual category.
- Yahoo! Pipes (and other similar offerings) allow you to mix feeds together.
- Sites like Del.icio.us, StumbleUpon, and Google Feed Reader allow you to share items with others.
- Many toolbar providers offer buttons that update with the latest news from an RSS feed.
- Custom news search feeds and blog link search feeds make it easy to track keywords outside of your favorite editorial channels.
- Google personalized homepage allows you to create tabs for different news. I have tabs to track SEO, domaining, marketing, general web memes, news mentions and link acquisition of sites I am currently marketing. By paying attention to the people I trust or the people who are voting for my sites I am probably making the votes count more.