Peaches Geldof: Official Cause Of Death DeterminedBy: Amanda Crum - July 23, 2014
Peaches Geldof’s death has officially been ruled an overdose, a coroner said this week.
The 25-year old mother of two was found dead in her home on April 7, shortly after she posted a video showing her helping one of her baby sons getting ready for bed. Geldof, a well-known television presenter in the UK, had been taking methadone to help ween herself off heroin; her husband, Thomas Cohen, said she had gone back to the drug in February and had it hidden in their home.
Geldof’s sudden death shocked friends and fans and led to her father, music promoter Bob Geldof, releasing a statement that spoke to his grief.
“Peaches has died. We are beyond pain,” Bob Geldof said. “She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us. Writing ‘was’ destroys me afresh. What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable? We loved her and will cherish her forever. How sad that sentence is.”
Sadly, Geldof’s mother, Paula Yates, also died aof a heroin overdose when Peaches was just a child. Yates was said to have been extremely distraught after INXS singer Michael Hutchence, with whom she’d had a relationship, died, although her death was ruled an accidental overdose.
Image via Wikimedia Commons