Twitter just announced that RIM has launched its official BlackBerry Twitter app. The two companies have worked closely together to create it.
Here's what it looks like:
- Real-time BlackBerry push of Twitter direct messages
- Camera and photo gallery integration
- Browser integration for Tweeting links
- Customizable interface for changing fonts, hiding tool bars, etc.
- Inbox integration so you can read your Twitter direct messages along side your email and text messages
- @integration so that if you receive an email or text message which includes an @username, it is linked to the Twitter app profile page
- Twitter lists integration
- Notification of @mentions
- Search for users, content, and trending topics
- Localized for French, Italian, Spanish, German, and Brazilian Portuguese
The app can be downloaded here. It requires a 64MB BlackBerry smartphone, 750KB of available BlackBerry smartphone memory, and BlackBerry Device Software Version 4.5 or later.