Yahoo is sharing some data on searches for shows that are just returning with new seasons for the fall. After a whopping ten years of being on the air, NCIS searches are "far past any other television show, " according to the company.
If you look at Nielsen's top ten in ratings for prime broadcast network TV for the week of August 26th, NCIS came in third behind Under the Dome and America's Got Talent, but if Yahoo's data is any indication, things might look a little different after NCIS returns with its season premiere on September 23rd.
NCIS, Yahoo says, is searched over 3x more than the runner-up, [walking dead] and over 6x more than [american horror story] and [glee].
"Gaining people's interest this season are [the league] and [the mindy] project, both which are spiking over 200% on Yahoo this month," a spokesperson for Yahoo tells WebProNews. "Other top searched shows include [once upon a time], [scandal], [doctor who], [criminal minds], [supernatural] and [revenge]."
Searches for [fall tv schedule] in general are up 183% in the past 7 days on Yahoo.
"Women seem most interested in [fall tv lineup] making up 61% of searches this week," the spokesperson says.
Here are the top searched [premieres] on Yahoo for the Past 7 days:
1. [NCIS season premiere] 2. [justified season premiere] 3. [sons of anarchy season premiere] 4. [boardwalk empire premiere] 5. [its always sunny in Philadelphia premiere]
These are the top searched new and old shows premiering in September on Yahoo (ranked by volume):
1. [dancing with the stars] 2. [ncis] 3. [boardwalk empire] 4. [mom] 5. [once upon a time] 6. [glee] 7. [castle] 8. [the league] 9. [family guy] 10. [Monday night football] 11. [revenge] 12. [how I met your mother] 13. [the voice] 14. [homeland] 15. [bones] 16. [sleepy hollow] 17. [60 minutes] 18. [the amazing race] 19. [two and a half men] 20. [last tango in halifax] 21. [regular show] 22. [agents of shield] 23. [top gear] 24. [luther] 25. [elementary]
The top buzzing shows on Yahoo premiering in September 2013 ranked by change in searches over the past week:
1. [last tango in halifax] up 2438% this week
2. [ghost mine] up 643% this week
3. [undercover boss] up 314% this week
4. [the crazy ones] up 2243% this week
5. [boardwalk empire] up 178% this week
Yahoo has some of its own online TV-watching news as well. The company has launched a new Yahoo Screen app for iOS, which lets users browse trending clips, search for shows, and watch online video content.
The company announced a deal with Viacom to provide clips from Comedy Central shows including The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. Yahoo's previously announced archive of Saturday Night Live clips is available through the app, and the company just launched its Fall 2013 Comedy line-up, which includes five new shows starring John Stamos, Ed Helms, Jack Black, Cheryl Hines and others.
You can also check out Yahoo Screen on the web.