Mobile Version of Bing Gets New Features
Microsoft announced that Bing has upgraded the mobile version of its search engine for high-end smartphones. Supported devices include: Windows phones, iPhones, Android, Palm, Kin, and Zune HD devices.
We’re talking about the site at m.bing.com – not Bing’s mobile apps, just to be clear. New features include:
• The Home page now features the Bing image of the day
• Location detection through the GPS on your phone
• Local Search with suggested listings nearby and category search
• Find places nearby, save them to a favorites list, and share that list with friends
• Smooth panning and scrolling of interactive maps
• More details on local listings, like parking info, price, cuisine, and ratings
Bing also reminds users that they can set it as the default search engine on their iPhone 4s. This was announced as Steve Jobs unveiled the device. Keep in mind it’s not the default option, but a default option.