March Madness is upon us. Games mean friends; friends mean snacks; snacks mean drinks. What better time to bring a drinking game into the proceedings?
There have been March Madness drinking games before. Usually the events that incur drinks are pretty normal for any basketball game. Some might include drinking when:
- the team you bet against hits a 3-pointer
- a player from your team fouls someone
- a player from your team fouls out
- a slam dunk is made
- a deep three-pointer is made
- an air ball is shot
But for UK Wildcat fans, there are certain events that can be counted on to occur in nearly every game, especially during March Madness. Pairing with these familiar and unique-to-Big-Blue-Nation moments with the usuals can really spice up a game.
— Jeff Drummond (@JDrumUK) March 15, 2015
So, either drain your beer -- or take a shot -- whenever:
- an announcer mentions that Willie Cauley-Stein used to play football
- Tyler Ulis stares down/up some player 2 feet taller than him
— Twillie Stein (@TwillieStein) March 14, 2015
- either Harrison twin or Devon Booker hits a three
- Willie Cauley-Stein blocks a shot and follows it with a death stare
— Big Blue Nation (@BigB1ue9ation) March 14, 2015
- an opposing team player is shown sitting on the bench with head in hands
- an opponent flops like a beach towel
— Twillie Stein (@TwillieStein) December 28, 2014
- Dick Vitale or any other announcer observes that Kentucky can be beaten, if the only opponent can "hit threes"
- Ashley Judd is shown on screen
— Mark Cornelison (@markcornelison) March 7, 2015
- Karl-Anthony Towns puts back his own missed shot
- a fan from an opposing team enthuses to the camera that their team is actually "Number One"
- an opposing team fan is shown with a sign promising to end the UK streak